Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE



YEP WE HAD A 5.4 EARTHQUAKE TODAY CENTERED IN LOS ANGELES. MINOR DAMAGE THEY SAY. SCARED CHIP TO DEATH. WE SHOOK HERE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO HURT ANYTHING. IT IS STILL A BIT NERVE RACKING WHEN IT HAPPENS. AT LEAST WHEN I LIVED IN MICHIGAN YOU KNEW WHEN TORNADOS WERE ABOUT TO HAPPEN YOU HAD SOME WARNING BUT NOT WITH EARTHQUAKES.

EL IF YOU ARE READING THIS DID YOU FEEL IT OR NENE OR ANYONE ELSE IN CA.

BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT A PICTURE FROM TODAYS QUAKE IT IS JUST A PICTURE I FOUND ON GOOGLE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maryb: Glad to hear that you and Chip are ok. I lived in SC for 24 years and don't miss the earthquakes at all - give me tornadoes any day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

Nope, I didn't feel it, but I can't tell you how much I wish I could pack up and move out of this state. I'd miss a lot of people, but I don't want to be here when it goes under, if you know what I mean. Ugh!

Glad you two are okay. Parents are thinking Idaho now... I dunno. Is there anywhere safe? Those tornados happen far more often than earthquakes. I'm not so convinced about them thar things at all, but I'm not too keen on being buried alive or swallowed up by the ground, either.

Maryb said...

I think I am with Okie I will take tornatos any day ...... I want to get out of this state to but for different reasons.