Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Memorizing Scripture



Ok, I have taken on the job of trying to memorize some verses. My first goal is to memorize Eph 3:14-21.

Pray for me, my memory is really bad, but when attacks of the enemy comes I want weapons to fight with, and scripture is the weapons we have against the devil and if I don't have it in my heart how can I fight.

I seriously do have a real problem with memory. I think maybe some of it is from medications I don't know really, But I can get lost in my own neighborhood. I can not remember things at all. So doing this will be a challenge but one that I want to take on.
Others I want to memorize down the line are.

Phil 4:4-13
Is 40:28-31
Psalm 139
Proverbs 3:5-6
llCor 10:3-5
Col 3:15_16
Psalm 91

ANy other suggestions are welcome...it just may take me awhile to get to them,

If anyone has any hints on how to memorize I am open to that as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My children and I just finished memorizing Psalm 139. It has been amazing to see the ways God has used this scripture in our lives since we have put it in our hearts. Right now we are finishing up Psalm 100 and from there...I am not sure.

I am not as young as I use to be :)and memorizing is rough for me too...my children get it so much quicker than I but...memorizing scripture is so worth the effort! The Lord uses it time and time again!

Maryb said...

Your right learning is hard but I think I have got proverbs 3:5,6 down pretty good now. Like i said earlier cant fight the battle without weapons. we need that sword.