Tuesday, April 15, 2008

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

I like this song, and I always like to hear the stories behind some of the old hymns. Bill Gaither tells the story behind it is well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KYP--c2LTfg

I deal with alot of depression in my life and I know down deep even though outwardly I may be depressed and all may look bleak at times. I know that in the long run it is well with my soul. Depression , panic, fear, loneliness nothing can seperate me from the Love Of God.

I have been told that I am not trusting God if I am depressed and that I was in sin because of panic and depression . Thank God there has been Godly people come along to say that no I was not in sin because of depression and that God Loves me even in my depression.

This is song has been a huge blessing in my life. I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MaryB: It is one of my all time favorites. When one considers the story behind the song, you realize that this praise came out of extreme sorrow and pain and has ministered to countless numbers since it was written.

Mary; God is going to use you and the things you went through for His glory. I don't pretend to know how, but I believe that He will. One way He is currently using you is through your blog. Who's idea was it anyway to blog? I believe that He has led you to do so, so that others who have been hurt like you can be ministered to by yourself and by the things the Lord is teaching / is continuing to teach you.

I would rather that you did not go through what you did; but you did and now God will use it for His glory - and minister healing to you as well, for we cannot minister to others without being ministered to.

Maryb said...

Okie Preacher

Thank you for your comment. You are always so encouraging and I appreciate that.

I do hope that God uses this blog to help others I just try to be honest and pretend to be better than I am , I have good days and I have bad days, and I am not going to hide the bad days. it is all a process of healing.

People don't know how far I have come just to be able to talk about it and put it on an open blog is a miracle in itself, I use to just keep it all to myself. Did not really talk about it much. Well we see where that got me into a pit I could not get out of by myself. NOw with the help of my pastor and others I have come along way,but still I have a long way to go.

Maryb said...

oops that should say not try to pretend I am better than I am, sorry was thinking faster that I type.