Sunday, December 14, 2008

Back From Orphanage

We had a great time yesterday and all the kids got shoes. We were able to get 92 kids a pair of tennis shoes for school. They were all so happy since all the usually get is hand me downs. I wish that all the Orange County kids could down and see how these kids live. I think it would make a big difference in all there whinning because maybe they dont have the latest video game or lasted I pod or things like that. These kids still go outside and play.. they play ball, jump rope. tag hide and go seek . and they are happy just to have a place to call home.

It was raining and cold there yesterday, so I did not go outside much i stayed in the big room with a lot of the kids I did not want to risk getting sick again, I just got my voice back and did not want to end up down again. but we had fun i colored pictures and listened as the kids laughed at me at my poor attempt to read to them in spanish, they finally ended up reading to me not that I understood it but it was fun to just to have them crawl up in my lap and read.

I do not have the word to express how much I love these kids. My heart hurts when I have to leave them.

Well all in all we had a good time.

No comments: