Monday, March 31, 2008

SOMETIMES I WONDER

Today I am wondering as I sit here why it seems the more you try to get close to God the worse things get for you. Today I found out that a good friend of mine who tries to live a good clean life lost her job. And lately the closer I try to get to God, the more health problems I encounter. Other people I know that are some of the most Godly people I know have all kinds of money problems, And as I read the verse that if God cares about the sparrow he will take care of you. Well I wonder sometimes, why the ungodly seem to prosper and the people who love God with all there heart are in such a place. Am I being disrespectful to God by asking these questions? I don't know, Why does it always seem that people who love God have nothing. But then when christians claim prosperity they are made fun of, Im not saying I go along with all that name it claim it stuff but what is wrong with Christians having nice things ? Maybe not even nice things but enough to pay my bills. I try to do what is right. I know I am not the only one is this spot but I wonder sometimes is God really taking care of his children? Please don't label me a heretic for asking this,,,but again God where are you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary,

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed-- (2 Corinthians 4: 7-9)

Try to not think in the here and now, beloved Mary. Remember that this is all only momentary compared to the eternal blessings God has prepared for us, for you.

(2 Corinthians 4:17, 18) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

You keep praying, 'cause even if you don't even manage to mumble a single sound from those lips, I assure you that God hears your heart and remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf when we can't seem to sort through the mud and muck. Your brothers and sisters intercede too. Thanks for letting us know when you're hurting so we can pray for you. :::Hugs:::

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon this pic and thought it might help you to smile a little bit.

Enjoy! :-)

http://clipaid.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/he.JPG

Maryb said...

Lovingtheword
Thank you for stopping by I just left a post on your blog about something that happen today, please pray