Wednesday, May 14, 2008

GOD CAN USE YOU

The next time you feel like GOD can't use you,
just remember...

Noah was a drunk Abraham was too
old Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was ugly
Joseph was abused
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer
Rahab was a prostitute
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
David had an affair and was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
Peter denied Christ
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried about everything
The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once
Zaccheus was too small
Paul was too religious
Timothy had an ulcer.
.. AND Lazarus was dead!

Now! No more excuses! God can use you to your full potential... Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger. .. In the Circle of God's love, God's waiting to use your full potential. 1. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts

This was sent to me in an email I thought I would pass it on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger."

Amen to that!

I can add:

He is not looking for ability but availability. (John Macarthur)

I know that one by heart!



Chosen

Maryb said...

He is not looking for ability but availability. (John Macarthur)

Chosen that is right,

Anonymous said...

mary: I just wish that in my family tree there were more branches and less nuts!

Maryb said...

Okie
ME too. I heard a joke one time about in california all there is out here is fruits and nuts Im sure that is true when it comes to my family as well.

Anonymous said...

maryb: I hear this years ago: "Living in California is like living in a bowl full of granola; what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes."

But I don't believe that; some of my best friends live in Cal - e - forn - ya...

Maryb said...

Unfortunately that is true, people out here for the most part are very plastic, it is hard to find a sincere person out here. whenyou do it is a blessing, I have a few people who are real friends, out here When I lived in Michigan it seemed like people cared about people more than they do out here. I am not saying no one cares. but people out here are very cold most of the time,

Anonymous said...

In Florida, the old people have bumper stickers that read:

" Stop talking about how much better everything is in N.Y. and go back!"

Okie,

I like the granola one!! Ha Ha..

Chosen

el said...

Mary,

You said, "Unfortunately that is true, people out here for the most part are very plastic, it is hard to find a sincere person out here."

Speak for your Southern California selves! All of us up here in the Northern part of the state are as real as real can get! ha-ha :-) No 'fake plastic trees' here. After all, we've got San Francisco's Gavin Newsom who says that we don't have to pretend to be anything other than the horrible people that we are, even when the law of the land declares otherwise. :-)

Really, I do look forward to moving to South Carolina and living where my husband grew up. That seems far my speed. California (North and South) just "ain't my cup of tea." :-(